The floors with the epoxy
Nothing is easier than to transform your floor only with an epoxy. However it’s in terms of preparation that you will see all the long-term difference.
What is a floor coating with the epoxy?
The epoxy is a type of polymer that is initially in the form of two different components and is converted into a solid state by a controlled chemical reaction. Due to this change of mechanical and chemical status, the floor coatings with the epoxy naturally have a good strength. The floor coatings with the epoxy are highly adhesive during the change of status from the liquid to solid, allowing them thus to create strong bonding with the concrete floor coatings, whether they are recent or old.
There are a wide variety of applications and uses for the coatings with the epoxy, comprising the floor paint with the epoxy in commercial and industrial environments, and for industrial apparatus coating or machinery. The floor coatings with the epoxy may also be used as a vapor barrier on concrete slabs and foundations in new constructions.
How does Epoxy works?
The floor coatings with the epoxy are generally made of two principle components, which are the resins and the hardeners. The resin in the floor with the epoxy is the clear or transparent component and virtually odorless. The hardener, meanwhile, is darker and has a strong odor similar to ammonia. When these two components are mixed during the application process, a chemical reaction occurs. This chemical reaction transforms the floor coating with the epoxy, to a hard, rigid material, and similar to plastic, for a very lasting result, waterproof and resistant to chemical products.
The application process of a floor coating with epoxy is generally performed using a squeegee and a roller. This application is better when performed by experienced professionals in flooring application, to ensure the compliance and the sustainability.
The main advantages of installing a floor coating with epoxy in your building
- Sustainability: Concrete floors with epoxy last longer and resist considerable wear, saving you money and allowing you to manage other concerns of your enterprise.
- Its solidity: Once the epoxy has been converted to a solid polymerit becomes very solid and prevents chemical degradation.
- Time saving: A floor coating with epoxy is usually quick and easy installation, which means less production stoppages for installation.
- Cleaning and reduced maintenance: Once the concrete is covered with epoxy, it is not porous, it is now sealed and therefore easier to clean.
- Aesthetics: The coatings are generally available in a range of colors and patterns to fit your preferences.
- Resistant to chemical products: The epoxy coatings can withstand continuous exposure to powerful chemicals products, which is perfect for warehouses or factories that may be exposed to these substances.
- Security: These coatings are also Anti-skid, resistant to various temperatures, to high impact and even fire. This allows you to ensure the safety of your employees and your building.
- Brightness: Generally, high brightness option can be proposed for coatings, improving the lighting in your establishment through reflection from the ground.
- Reduced maintenance of vehicles: When choosing a floor coating with epoxy, you can also reduce the wear of vehicles in your establishment because the coating is safer and more forgiving.
- Better for the environment: Finally, the floor coating with epoxy is a greener option for your business, due to the reduction in the use of equipment. This is an excellent alternative to adding a new floor or replacement of vehicles due to damage.
Who uses the floor coatings with epoxy?
The use of floor coating with epoxy is gaining popularity for residential garage floors. Many garages are used for purposes other than to park the car, they become more attractive commercial spaces. Some garages are transformed into game rooms with pool tables and ping pong and darts. Others serve as recreation areas or serve a dual purpose, a playroom for children in addition to a parking lot. A floor coating with epoxy provides an attractive and easy floor maintenance, the ideal for the garage. It has the advantage of protecting the concrete floor of the oil and other chemical stains, thus extending the life of an untreated floor. However, in Béton Surface, we prioritize the floor to Polyurea for garage floors, a faster and applicable solution at any temperature.
Thanks to the many decorative options, an epoxy floor can also be an excellent choice elsewhere in the house, as the basement, in the laundry room and even in the kitchen. You can choose from an unlimited variety of solid colors, combinations and patterns such as stripes, tiles, terrazzo or marble effect. The coating can also be customized to fit the style of your choice. All locations subject to humidity are ideal candidates for a floor with epoxy because it is waterproof, preventing any infiltration.
Commercial and industrial uses for floor coating with epoxy include restaurants and hotel kitchens, hospital floors, retail stores, warehouses, car showrooms, kennels, commercial garages, office buildings, schools, and other soil with intensive use. The floor coating with epoxy can also be very useful in areas that may be slippery where traction and additional stability is needed, such as ramps and loading docks, driveways, and more. The floor coating with epoxy can be used directly on concrete or other ground material, including damaged floors.
[Total: 3 Average: 3.7/5]